The international conference Changing Memories of the War: 1945 + 60 will be dedicated to the memory or the Second World War and its relevance to the political, social, and historical discussions in Europe America and Israel of sixty years later.
Conference sessions are planned to interweave several interrelated aspects:
- The diverse national perspectives of war.
- The importance of the memory of the war in the unification of Europe.
- The remembrance of the Holocaust.
- The reflection of the memory of war on the 40 years long Israel-German relations.
- And the effect of the paradigmatic shift in historiography on the reconstruction of 1945 as a temporal icon.